Saturday, September 19, 2009

Kill the Sarx

Warning this post rated PG-13!!
Kill the Sarx and hang him from your rafters. This is the chores line form the song Kill the Sarx by the band Scattered-Few. Sarx is Greek word for flesh.
For far to long my flesh has lied to me. Telling me that I am not smart or creative, letting me know that no matter what people will never love the real me. I must ware a mask so no one see the real me. I must lie so that people will think better of me. That I must hide my tears so they will think that I am strong. That I will never be more then a pile of shit. I have done too many wrong things in life for even God to forgive me, let alone love me. I will never be more then a simple person with little to say and that no one will listen or care any way. I am the same as I will ever be and that I will never be more then I am now. Why try to better yourself or take a chance you will fail like you always have.
You have been with me my whole life. You have filled my hart and soul with your poison. You have made me look at others and think if only I was like them they have it all. You have tried to kill me time and time again. When I would look in the mirror I would repeat your lies back to myself and start to believe them to be true. You told me that I am weak and not worth the love of any one and that the world would be better off if I would just die.
I have fought many battles with you. Some I have won some I have lost. God has given me the strength to win the fights that I have won. He is my strong fortes He delivers and heals me from the poison you would put in me. Against Him you will not stand. You will not have this day or any other day. You told me that I do not have what to takes to complete this new journey that I am on and that I will fail. When times start to look great for me you whisper your lies into my ears and tell me that those things are not meant for me for I am worthless.
Tonight is the last battle that we will have. Tonight I kill you and watch you die and hang you from the rafters. No longer will your poison be allowed to enter me; no longer will I listen to your lies. No longer will I feed you with your self serving sin. No longer will I allow you to sit on the thrown of my hart. That is a place of honor and glory for the one true God. The God who loves me and heals me. The God who will make me the man that He wants me to be. The God who loves me and wants to be known by me. He will provide all that I need He may not give me all that I want but He knows what I need better then I.
I know that you will not go down with out a fight but you are wasting your time. God is greater then you will ever be He is more loyal then any person will ever be. He will fight a million battles for my soul and never rest until I am with Him in His kingdom.
I am David killer of my sarx beloved servant and bride to Christ Jesus. He will have my soul and this day and all the days to come. No one can take me from His arms and no one can stand against Him.
He is the lover of my soul, the king of my life, the warrior how never surrenders. I am His and He is mine. The one true God who makes all things new and all things possible. Thank you my God and King for winning this battle for my soul. You are greater then all and I love you.

No comments: