Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Blessing

So my good friend Court has been visiting are great state for the pass week and a half. It has been great to see her and spend some time with her see always make me smile. It did get me thinking about the blessing she has been in my life and of all the great blessing I have. I live a country where I am free to do many great things like go to a church of my choice or not to. I have a great little apartment with landlords that I can trust and have helped me out. I have great friends that put up with all my crap and still like to hang out with me. I have a great relationship with my family witch I know many people do not. I'm working for a good company that takes care of me and I am a respected member of a great church. As I am writing this I'm sitting in a coffee shop drinking and having dinner? How many people in the world won't even eat tonight let alone eat out. I know that when I die I will see my Lord and God face to face I am truly blessed to live this great life.
To many times people look at what they do not have in life and think that if I only had a new car, a girlfriend / boyfriend a better job or home then I would be happy. But the truth is that while the things will make you happy for a short time they will never bring you joy. Because you will always want for more or newer or bigger. True joy in life can only come from one place and that is God. Are happiness is up to our self and how we choose to look at the world. I could make the choice to look at all the things I do not have and feel sad for my self or I could look at all the great things I have and know that I am blessed because I deserve none of it.

No comments: