Friday, October 9, 2009

School

I must say I have found school to be harder then I thought it would be. I had no idea it would take up so much of my time and the things I would have to give up to do great at it. I also did not know I would be learning other things that have little to do with fashion but have a lot to do with leaning other tools to be a success in this journey. I have had to learn about Power Point which is something I had wanted to do for a while but never took the time to. I have had to learn more about Word then I ever knew you could do. Time management was something I was good at back when I did social work but I have forgotten all about that since I started working for Quality Container. I have to make choices to not spend time with friends so that I could do home work. I have had to ask for help from friends so that I could do my home work. I knew that when I started down this path some people would think I was wasting my time and money. I also knew that I had to try this to see if I had it in me. One of the most shocking things is some of the people who have come out to support me and tell me they think it is a great idea. I still do not know if this will lead me out of driving truck for work but I know that all the things I learn no one can take away from me. The hardest parts of the classes are just around the corner but I have no doubt that I will do my best and give it my all. Because at the end of the day I will remember that all I do, I do it for the One who has given me the desire and skill to do what needs to be done. As long as I learn something from this no matter what people say I have not failed.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Dave, I think it's awesome that you are doing this! I agree that good time management is something that you can lose if you aren't forced to make tough decisions, but I'm glad we're still seeing you as much as we are! Keep up the great work!