Tuesday, November 17, 2009

It Could be Worse

I have a friend that I am always telling life is the way you choice to look at it. You can focus on all the crap and get yourself depressed and have a rain cloud over you head all the time. Or you can look at all the good things in your life and feel happy about all the stuff you have in life. I had to call myself on this tonight once I got home. I have not had a good day today. I have had to spend most of my vacation money on just getting my truck into the shop so they could find out for sure what is wrong with it. After talking to my Dad and some friends and the mechanic it sounds like a blown head gasket. If you know anything about cars that repair starts at $1000.00 and goes up from that point. My truck is not even worth that much. So I started feeling bad for myself and thinking how much my life sucks and then the voices started to talk in my head and I just keep thinking about all the things that are wrong with my life and the things I don’t have in it. As I walked into my apartment I started to think what the hell am, I doing I am making things far harder then they are. I then made the choice to look at all the great things I have in my life. Now I did not want to do this as we all like to feel sorry for our self and hope that others will to, and say poor David his life is hard. While things maybe a bit of a pain now, I have to look at the great things I have. My boss is letting my use the company pick up truck for a few days. My Dad helped me tow my truck to the shop and a friend is thinking about selling his old car to me if it is a blown head gasket. So with all that I have to remember what I tell my friend all the time, life is how you choose to look at it. We all have hard times and need to feel sad at times but we also need to remember that things could be worse.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Dave, I'm sorry about your truck! That really does stink. But you are certainly right, it's all in your attitude and outlook. Good for you for remembering that!