Thursday, August 20, 2009

Life with out pain

Why do we find so much pain in life. I know that we could look in the bible and find the answer to the questions with sin but what is the point. We know what we need to do to live a good and fulling life but more often then not we make the choice to go are own way and not follow what God has panned for us. I have talked to several people this week who know that they are making or have made poor choices in life and still choose to follow them or not do the work to try and get healed from the pain. When we make choices to serve are self and not God or the people He has placed in are life it more often then not choose not only pain in them but are self also. Now I'm not saying that I am free from doing dumb any who knows me knows I have done more then my fair share of stupid things in life. I have to ask my self why is sin so sweet when it only leaves a biter taste in our mouth once the fun is gone. How much pain must we live threw till we learn that a little fun of self serving leaves us more empty then before. If we know what to do to tray and at the very least fix the problem why don't we try. I'm so sick of seeing people hurt each other planed or not. I guess when we live in a fallen world it is just the way things go but does that mean we have to accept or can we hope and pray for a change in the way things work. I know that I look at the choices I make every day and wonder why did I make the choice to do something so selfish when I know that if I would have made a different choice the joy and happens would have lasted longer and maybe blessed someone in my life. I pray that some day I will stop wanting to take care of myself and take care of the people in my life and follow the path that God has laid out for me. Maybe when that day comes we will see life with out pain.

3 comments:

Alistair said...

Hi Dave,
found this blog by random and was caught by the post and your comments about lots going on and not havin blogged for a while.
I am pretty new at this blogging thing and also have lots going on but I find that sometimes its good to either just take some time and get your stuff down - and let your mind organise your thoughts as you do it, or to take some time out to blog and just let it go for a while.

I'm not religous but dont forget either that if you make some bad choices you can repent and be forgiven....... now thats a bonus that I dont have. Maybe you should think of it as a get out of jail free card!!

Alistair said...

Um Hi Dave, C'est moi, encore.

As I said not religeous but was brought up Church of Scotland and as I posted I thought.....

Matthew 6.25. Do not worry.

good luck mate.

Bethany said...

Dave, I don't know if you have time right now or not or if you want to dig this deep, but C.S.Lewis' The Problem of Pain is a great read, and I found it quite comforting. I could even lend it to you if you want.